24 February 2008

The return of.....ME!

This past weekend was our women's retreat. How nice to go and just be...whatever it is that God is calling me to be. The theme this weekend was "The Joy Of Friendship". It focused on the love and care we have in our friends but most importantly I learned that God WANTS to be my friend. Maybe this isn't such a new realization for all of you... for me though I have loved and respected Him. I have known He is my Father. But to know that I can have Him as my friend and that He wants to be my friend. WOW. Here is a verse I will share with you.
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead I have called you friends, for everything I learned from my Father I have made known to you. John 15: 13-15.
So that was the big one for me. I know now, that God wants to be my friend, and I want Him to be mine.
My dear friend also went to retreat with me. So it was wonderful too, to be there and celebrating our friendship. To share that time together and to love and support one another. It seems that she was smiling when I dropped her off, and so my mission was accomplished. So, again I am thankful to God for blessing me with amazing friends, for teaching me to be a good one, for holding my hand when I feel alone, and for giving me the strength to be honest and as loving as I know how! There is so much I want to say. So many new things going on in my life. I am studying the Bible again, setting goals to serve God's purpose, and of course this whole weekend.
In addition I still have these amazing children and all of our fun times. Not being able to get on here from work is really putting a dent in my blogging! I really have not gone anywhere...I am here missing all of you, and, well, slacking on the whole blogging thing. Not from being bored with it or anything, just needing to work on that whole time management thing!
May your day be filled with smiles, and I do hope you feel as blessed as you are!
Thank you to my dear friends. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

2 comments:

retha said...

I came here to come ask where you are, I am missing you. Great my surprise and relief to see you are still out there.

That is a wonderful gift we are able to share in. Maybe even more to be able to have an understanding of that.

Owens Family Adventures said...

I'm glad you had a good time and way to go on getting her to smile!! hahahaha I miss you guys!
dawn