18 January 2008

Through pain we find our path.

From Leaving The Saints by Martha Beck:
We believe without question almost everything we learn as children, stumble into many potholes and pitfalls that mar any human endeavor, stagger around blindly in pain and outrage, then slowly remember to pay attention, to listen for the Silence, look for the Light, feel the tenderness that brings both vulnerability to wounds and communion with the force that heals them. Don't worry about losing your way, I tell my clients. If you do, pain will remind you to find your path again. Joy will let you know when you are back on it.
A little further on she says: Even if I never know the explanation behind what happened to me as a child, I do know this for sure: Whether or not my father had the freedom to choose his thoughts and actions, I do. I am free, and always have been; free to accept my own reality, free to trust my perceptions, free to believe what makes me feel sane even if others call me crazy, free to disagree even if it means great loss, free to seek the way home until I find it.
My thoughts on this...
This was a light for me, a reminder of all we endure and the importance of each moment. Though some of us deal with regret, hurt, and heartache, I want to constantly remind myself to be thankful for those very same things and get back up and find my path again. I can not let my past determine my future, I cannot let others decide my future. I alone am responsible for my own happiness. I can wallow in others and my own mistakes or I can get up, clean myself off and move forward. I am moving forward. Every minute, every day, always.
For this I am Blessed! I choose to always trust in God's plan for me, and know that there is nothing in my life that I will ever endure without Him being there. Again... I am Blessed! I hope that you can look at your life, your happiness, your struggles, your joys, all of it and find God there with you. Know too that you are Blessed and it is when we cannot see it, or feel it that He is with us most. Just because we forget Him does not mean He has forgotten us.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

retha said...

Isn't it wonderful to always be able to know!
Yes, I am thinking; if you are the One with the name written in your(me) hand it will be difficult to forget.

You have given a reminder to me that it is actually all about HIM although in those times; 'pain will remind you to find your path again' I forget.