19 November 2007

Thankful: Part I

With it being the week of Thanksgiving I wanted to focus on some of the things I am thankful for. Each night we tell God the things we are thankful for... but I think it is often a bit generic. Depending on how late it is and how tired we are the list can often be brief as well. Not to say that I do not thank God often for my many blessings... only that sometimes I need to focus on it a bit more! So here goes:
The lighter side:
1. I am thankful for cotton underwear... there is nothing more comfortable when it is a thousand degrees outside!
2. Fake Plants- because I can't keep any other kind alive... not on my own at least!
3. The Schwan man. Makes a quick meal look like it took forever!!!
4. Games on my cell phone. Great for a brain dump or during a long meeting if you can get away with it!
5. Free T-shirts. They make the best night shirts!

For Real Though:
1. So many Blessings. My babies alone have brought me so much joy and fulfillment!
2. My extended family! I have the most amazing people in my life.
3. A job that pays the bills (sometimes) and the opportunity to serve my country.
4. The freedom of being an American.
5. Living a fairly quiet life.
6. Being free to worship God.
7. The gift of forgiveness.
8. A home of my own.
9. My friends, both new and old.
10.Good health!
11. I am thankful for each day that I wake up.
12. I am also thankful for every yesterday. Whether a hard one or not, I am thankful! Every experience was a gift even if I didn't know it at the time!!!

2 comments:

Retha said...

So right, those comfy tees.
They just look very awful.

susiej said...

What a nice reflection. Something we should all write, and look at every morning. Happy Thanksgiving.