23 August 2007

I am not perfect...

Though I have never thought this the case, I find it important to share that now. Maybe just to myself, or maybe I need it to be known! As a Christian I hope to live a good life, but I have to accept that I am not perfect and know that I make mistakes. Some of them HUGE! I can only hope to understand when I make these mistakes, be sorry when I do, go beyond forgiving myself by asking for forgiveness and trying to not make that same mistake again. I recently did a very hurtful thing. I apologized, and yes I realize that sometimes an apology doesn't take the hurt away. I was truthful, but you know sometimes it is best to keep ones mouth shut. I needed at that time to do that (keep my mouth shut)! Anyway, I was accused of not being a Christian and it has weighed on me. That someone so far from Christ for such a long time would accuse me of this. It is important as a Christian to know that we are not perfect. That we have a forgiving God, and to know that is not to continue sinning, but to know that mistakes are made, and we will not suffer in eternity for this. My rant...

2 comments:

Owens Family Adventures said...

I hate that. It seems as soon as we make a mistake someone is throwing in our face that we aren't being a good Christian. LIke being a Christian means you are perfect. That is so far from the case! Being a Christian just means that we are trying our hardest to live a life close to Christ and that when we fall we look to Him for guidence and wisdom. I've known you for a long time my friend and one of the things I love so much about you is that you don't have a mean hurtful bone in your body. You continually strive to be better and to do better. At times we all miss the mark. Don't beat yourself up over it. You have a good heart and you are one of the kindest people I've ever met. Just know that I love ya and I'm thinking about you over here!
dawn

Spidey said...

I think that being a good Christian (or any other religion) should be a personal thing between you and your God.

Many Christians seem to think that they are on some kind of TV show for Jesus, and that they have to walk around telling everyone else about their Christianity.

The Christians that spend the most time at church are often (but not always) the worst ones and the first to turn their back on a friend, etc.

Do the right thing and be honest to yourself about it. Your relationship with Jesus is what you need to keep right. Do no harm to others. Best wishes to you.

Every day there are many choices that must be made in seconds, and we all make the wrong choices regularly. Christianity is about forgiving, not accusing.